What is Auto Payroll?
Auto payroll puts your payroll on cruise control. Set up your Default Payroll values, and your Auto Payroll will be processed for you each pay period.
To use Auto Payroll, you must have:
- Processed at least one payroll online
- Entered all your Tax IDs
- All employees are setup on Default Payroll
- All employee hours and earnings are setup on Default Payroll
- Payrolls that are current (your payroll “Approve By” date has not passed)
Set Up Default Payroll
Let’s set up your Default Payroll. These default values are what Auto Payroll uses to process payrolls.
- Log in as the Payroll Approver – only the payroll approver can turn on Auto Payroll
- Click Payroll in the navigation
- Click Begin/Continue Payroll
- On Enter Payroll, click “Set Up Default Payroll”. You’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to leave the page.
- In the “Add” column, check the box to select all your employees/contractors. You must select all employees in order to use Auto Payroll.
- Fill out the payroll values for earnings and other compensation you want processed on every payroll.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the “Save & Apply to Payroll Entry” button
- Your Default Payroll set up and turned on! Next, let’s turn on Auto Payroll.
Turning On Auto Payroll
- On Enter Payroll, you’ll see that Default Payroll is now ON.
- Click the pencil icon next to Default Payroll and leave the page
- At the bottom of the Default Payroll page, you’ll see the Auto Payroll section
- Switch the Auto Payroll toggle from OFF to ON
- Click the “Save and Continue” button at the bottom of the screen
- The Auto Payroll Agreement will pop up. Fill in your first and last name, and check the box saying you’re authorized to execute this agreement on behalf of your company.
- Click the “Submit Agreement” button
- Auto Robo will confirm that Auto Payroll is turned on and give you details about what to expect next.